Thursday, June 17, 2010

Purple Lupines



My children attend a camp in Vermont called Farm and Wilderness, and we go for family work weekends on a regular basis. The camp was started in the Quaker tradition, and one of the rituals that they still practice at camp is silent meeting. We circle up and sit quietly for about 45 minutes. The benches that form the circle are in a clearing in the woods and in the middle are wild flowers. This is a painting I did from one of the pictures I took after silent meeting recently.


8x8" oil on canvas

125.00

2 comments:

  1. Hey you. Been loving your blog for some time now. And, all your artwork. This one speaks to me...so peaceful and soft and lovely. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle! I love your posts on your blog too! I am going to buy many of the picnic wine tables for gifts for my friends.

    ReplyDelete