Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3/23/10 3 Pears


Painting fruit can be so satisfying. I enjoy seeing the pears as people- each one has a personality. In this painting, the one to the right almost appears to be listening in on the other two.
This painting, oil on board, 6"x12".

I am working daily now. Sometimes an assignment from my painting class at RISD consumes the day, and other times I am able to do my own work. The simple act of picking up a paintbrush every day is great.

125.00 framed SOLD

1 comment:

  1. This one is my favorite (so far!): the rich ruby color of the pears in contrast with both the green field in the background and greyish table; the setup of the still life with the pair of pears 'talking' to the singleton and the jaunty, exclaimatory stems on top of each pear. Those stems really add the personality.

    ReplyDelete